Saturday, December 3, 2011

Introducing Sandra

... Sandra Wilkinson
Sandra profile pic

A little about me ... I am married with 2 children in early primary school, and we live in Brisbane. My husband and I work from home and live right across the road from the school, so we always seem to be there, helping out with one thing or another. We like to travel near and far when time and money permit. We love the beach and going camping. I like to cook and sew, and if there's any time left after that, I like languages and crossword puzzles.

I have always loved craft - first starting as a child with my mum - and now my kids love it too, which is great! Whether it's glue and paper, fabric and cotton, or beads and wire - I am happy! For the last few years, my craft has been in cardmaking and scrapbooking. I love to scrap as I think it is great to add the extra touches of colour, embellishments and journalling to photos that would otherwise end up in a box or album, or not even make it off the computer or disk! I love seeing the kids faces as they look through my albums, and can read about themselves as a baby, or see what little goodies I've included on their pages. Making cards is also a favourite of mine – seeing the joy a handmade card brings to the receiver is a wonderful compliment – it’s their own little piece of individual artwork.

I've been paper-crafting for about 4 years now, making cards, layouts and OTPs. I love to make handmade embellishments - from paper, card, felt, acetate, lace, recycled items, etc. But I still have so much stash from the early days when I bought stuff! Slowly making my way through it all - I find it so hard to throw anything out!! I also like to add a bit of dimension, whether it's with buttons, charms, flowers, beads or lace. My spellbinders get a good workout most days, along with my embossing folders too.

My blog is http://buttonsandbowsandmore.blogspot.com . I'm a member of a few forums and go by Sandra D (maiden name!).

I’m so lucky to have been on a number of other DT's for a few manufacturers, wholesalers and stores (online and physical). I've had a few projects published, but only submit periodically ... when I think I can handle lots of 'thanks but no thanks' email - LOL!

I am so happy that I found this craft - it's rewarding, relaxing and challenging - and a great break from the daily work on the computer!

Thanks so much for having me on the team and I look forward to getting to know everyone here!

No comments:

Post a Comment