Thursday, September 6, 2012

Art Journal

I have recently decided to do an art journal as I have a lot of products that I have bought and have never even used so the decision to make an art journal seemed like a smart one. I have been toying with what to do for the cover for a while because it seems like a fairly crucial part of an "art journal". I have just received an order of Lindy's Stamp Gang sprays and they helped inspiration strike. 
I have had the A2Z floralettes 11 in my stash for a while and I really love this particular scraplet. 


I really had heaps of fun playing with this page this morning and it started out with covering the cover of my art journal with canvas and then giving it a nice coat of white gesso.  I have then glued down the Scraplet which I have then applied glue over the top of the scraplet and layed some tissues over the top messily. I have also glued down some paper flowers in a random order and allowed all of the glue to dry.  Once the glue was dry I gave it all another coat of white gesso and allowed that to dry.


I then used Lindy's stamp gang sprays over the entire page.  I dried it off with the heat gun and then using templates I randomly applied some modeling paste which I allowed to dry. 


I also randomly stamped around the edges with black archival ink. I have used some metallic rub to bring out some of the texture and to just make the scraplet "pop". 


I rummaged through my stash and found a title that I thought fitted an art journal wonderfully.  The title stood out far to much as it was so I distressed it a bit with some distress ink and some glimmer mist which I then heat dried and glued down.


I think that I have covered everything I have done to this page but most importantly it was all very random and I just had fun doing it.  Oh I also spritzed the page a bit when I was finished with it all.


I hope that you have all enjoyed my post as much as I have enjoyed creating this page. I hope I have inspired you to just have a "play".

Have a wonderful day xx 
SAM 






1 comment: