Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Using the Wheat Stencil

As a farmer I just love all the farm related Scraplets A2Z have. And I was over the moon when they released a wheat stencil. I am in love with it and have plans to use it on many layouts.

This layout is my first one using the Wheat Stencil:


This layout is of my middle daughter at around 18months. Its one of my fav photos.

Here is a few close ups:



Here is the wheat from the stencil. After applying texture paste I lightly sprayed the stencil with yellow mist to get it looking like wheat.


Some more wheat from the stencil. DREAM (which was dreams but I cut the s off) was gessoed , lightly painted it yellow and when that was dried put Tim Holts brown distress stain over it. The Barb Wire is from a Fence Scraplet but I just wanted the wire so I cut 2 bits from it. Again the scraplet was gessoed, then painted black but I wiped some of the black off.



Love Love the Windmills from A2Z. So perfect for were we are as they are EVERYWHERE. The bit that you see under the photo is from the Wheat Stencil. Here is a pic of the stencil so you can see what I mean



Isn't a really cool stencil!!! I think of sooo many uses for it and just not on farmy layouts.

Here are the Scraplets I used:








I hope this gets your creative for stencils going.

Thanks for looking

Belinda :)

4 comments:

  1. I agree the wheat stencil is awesome and I too love windmills as I'm a country girl at heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout Belinda! I really love the stencil! I may just have to purchase it lol!

    ReplyDelete