Thursday, October 31, 2013

Baking with Mummy - Wheat Stencilet Inspiration with Amy Prior

Hi everyone! Amy Prior back today with some super quick fun inspiration using the awesome A2Z Scraplets Wheat Stencilet. Have you seen it on the website yet? Click here to view and purchase it so you too can get creative and recreate this awesome starburst ferny wheat effect.

I was recently on retreat and was given a little mini kit that I was required to use for this layout and I just simply could not help adding lots of fun Amy touches like masking and flowers.


 I decided that I wanted to create a doily/sunburst effect using this fabulous A2Z Scraplets Wheat Stencilet along with some Shimmerz Arti Choked Texture Paste. Seriously love this stuff I need it in every colour! LOL


So I have masked the wheat pattern 4 times and I have dried using my heat gun in between each masking so I didn't smudge the patterns as I needed to overlap the mask slightly when turning around each 90 degree angle.


I am so loving this effect and I definately want to try this out with even more layers of the wheat for an intense sunbursted ferny effect LOL. Don't you just love my technical terminology?


So because this was a rushed challenge kit at a retreat, I am not certain what the paper range is called that I have used but I do remember that it is from Crate Paper. As you can see I accidently got texture paste one of the photos which was a major booboo then I tried to remove it and removed some of the photo in the process but alas, technology is wonderful and I can simply reprint and cover over this photo easily. I have not adhered anything to this photo so I could easily cover it up and then voila! 

That's it from me today, check back tomorrow for more inspiration with our fabulous Design Team and a new challenge!!!!!!
Until next time, happy scrapping!
Amy Prior xx

2 comments: