Thursday, September 17, 2015

Crayon Canvas


Hi there! So I've been seeing these canvases all over the place where people have melted crayons onto so I thought I'd give it a try. A little tip... keep a non-stick mat underneath your canvas while you're melting the crayons or else you'll end up with a HUGE MESS EVERYWHERE! If you can, just melt the tips of your crayons rather than the whole things. I went a little overboard and melted them ALL. Super fun, but super messy. Also, do this is a well ventilated area, the smell can get a bit overwhelming.
This is my first attempt at this and I can't wait to have another go, it's LOADS OF FUN!!!


I covered up the part I wanted underneath the umbrella and then glued all the crayons to the top of the canvas randomly after peeling the papers off. Probably why they melted fully instead of just the ends like you see in all the pictures on Pinterest hahahahaha. After melting, I peeled away the paper covering the spot where the Umbrella chippy was to go and glued it down, along with the Teddies. Then I added the Chevrons to the top. All of the chippies were just coloured with felt pens and outlined with a gold gel pen.


Have you tried making a Crayon Canvas? We'd love to see it, please feel free to post it to our facebook page!

Until next time, keep calm and craft on!






1 comment:

  1. You are always so clever with new things and old things and all things, this is a fantastic project, love the tips you give and the finished canvas is wonderful, thanks for sharing your knowledge!!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete